Hydrolyzed Collagen aids joint and bone

April 01, 2005

In this review it was found that 10 grams a day of hydrolyzed collagen may reduce pain in osteoarthritis of the hip or knee. In fact the worse the condition, the more helpful the collagen may be. Given the importance of collagen for bone structure it was found that giving collagen along with calcitonin treatment for osteoporosis was more bone building than giving the drug alone. The review was conducted by researchers at Case Western University, Division of Rheumatic Diseases and was published in Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism.

Perna Canaliculus in conjunction with EPA-DHA has great benefit for rheumatoid arthritis

In a 12 week study that included 50 adults with inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis it was found that using a concentration of Perna Canaliculus (green lipped muscle) in conjunction with high levels of EPA and DHA had a strong impact on the need for medication. The combination reduced the dosage of drugs needed for pain relief in 62% of the patients on medication and the remaining 38% of the patients were completely able to stop using medication. 38% of all 50 subjects were symptom free and the number with severe pain dropped from 60% at the start of the study to 25% by the 12th week. The study was published in the May-June 2004 issue of the journal Advances in Therapy.