Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract derived from the bark of the maritime pine tree known as Pinus pinaster. It contains ingredients known as proanthocyanidins and bioflavonoids that may be potent antioxidants. It may offer several benefits, especially for the health of blood vessels.
- Pycnogenol may reduce allergy symptoms during allergy season
- Taking Pycnogenol for two months seems to slow down further deterioration of retinal disease caused by diabetes, or atherosclerosis
- Pycnogenol seems to lower systolic blood pressure
- Pycnogenol may help with varicose veins
- Taking Pycnogenol may help with improved endurance in athletes
- Pycnogenol seems to help with circulation by reducing leg pain and heaviness, as well as with fluid retention
- Pycnogenol seems to promote vascular health