Magnesium is a very important mineral and a critical co-factor in more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It is involved in keeping heart rhythm steady, bones strong, blood sugar regulation, normal blood pressure maintenance and in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.
It is estimated that up to 80% of Americans are deficient in magnesium. Magnesium levels, however, are difficult to determine with a standard blood test.
A magnesium deficit will likely present in one or more of the following symptoms:
- Numbness and tingling in the extremities
- Muscle contraction and cramping
- Personality changes
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Coronary spasms
In addition to increasing nuts, seeds and leafy greens in one’s diet, it is also recommended to add supplemental support in the form of magnesium citrate.
Features and Benefits of Magnesium Citrate:
- Magnesium citrate is a highly absorbable form of the mineral and may be used to soften stools and help with constipation*
- Magnesium can help alleviate muscle cramps and soreness*
- Magnesium may be beneficial in dealing with tension headaches and can be of help for people suffering from migraines*
- Magnesium may help women with menstrual cramps as well as with premenstrual irritability*
- Since the central nervous system is affected by magnesium levels, it may help with anxiety, restlessness, hyperactivity and insomnia*
- Magnesium plays an important role in carbohydrate metabolism and may influence the release and activity of insulin (the hormone involved in glucose metabolism) and so it may be especially important for diabetics or those who are at risk of developing diabetes*
- Stress depletes magnesium so people under stress may need to pay attention to their magnesium intake*
For those who may be taking a magnesium supplement need to pay attention also to their ratios of calcium, K2 and vitamin D as these nutrients work together synergistically.*
Warning: If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
* - This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Keep your cardiovascular wellness in top shape with our full line of heart health vitamins. Call InVite® Health today at 800-349-0929 from 9 AM to 5 PM EST to learn more from one of our nutritionists or click here to find a store near you!