Also known as ascorbic acid, Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin found in colorful food sources including citrus fruits, berries, cruciferous vegetables, tomatoes, and peppers. It is a key antioxidant required for protecting against free-radical damage and cell repair. It also helps support the longevity of Vitamin E. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for nearly all areas of health including immunity and healing, but it is not created naturally in our bodies. We must consume a sufficient amount through our diet or supplementation.
Vitamin C is one of the most exhaustively studied of all vitamins, and there is a promising amount of clinical research to support the fact that Vitamin C is highly beneficial for a variety of body functions. These include its powerful antioxidant protection, its role in the formation of collagen, blood vessel health and wound healing, and its ability to protect the body from damaging reactive oxygen species (ROS).
It is also a very effective nutrient for maintaining a healthy immune system. Vitamin C mediates the inflammatory pathways throughout your body, fighting various sources of inflammation and increasing overall immunity. It boosts your energy levels and increases stamina, and it also helps other important nutrients become quickly and effectively absorbed into your body. Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of antioxidant vitamins may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer. However, FDA has determined that this evidence is limited and not conclusive.
Normally, scurvy is associated with a historical condition relating to those lost at sea. However, the National Nutrition Examination Survey found the prevalence of vitamin C deficiency and depletion to be up 23% of the American population, and less than 18% of adults consume greater than 30mg per day (half of the RDA). Symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency are low-grade inflammation, fatigue, limping, gum bleeding, or swollen extremities, and often mimic other conditions such as vasculitis, rheumatic disorders, and poor lung function. The study showed that smokers, those who did not use supplements, and non-Hispanic Black males had elevated risks of vitamin C deficiency, while Mexican Americans had lower risks. The study concluded that Health professionals should recommend consumption of vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C and should recommend supplementation for individuals at risk of vitamin C deficiency.
InVite’s Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid 1000mg supplement includes 1000mg of Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid per one (1) tablet serving, providing 1667% DV of Vitamin C.
As a dietary supplement for adults, take one (1) tablet, one to three times a day with meals or a snack, or use as directed by a healthcare professional.
Benefits & Features:
- Excellent source of the essential Vitamin C, with 1667% DV in each tablet
- Helps correct symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency and depletion
- Powerful antioxidant protection
- Extends antioxidant protection of Vitamin E
- Aids in collagen production and wound healing
- Protects the body from free radical damages
- Maintains a healthy immune system
- Mediates the inflammatory pathways to combat sources of inflammation
- Boosts energy and stamina
- Helps other important nutrients become effectively absorbed into the body
- Each tablet provides 1000mg of Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid (1667% DV)
- Convenient serving size of one (1) easy-to-swallow tablet taken one to three times daily, or use as directed by a healthcare professional
- Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of antioxidant vitamins such as Vitamin C may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer
- Made using GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
For great discounts, a superb assortment of top-grade nutraceuticals and nutritional supplements, and access to our professional nutritionists, look no further – great health starts right here at InVite Health. To ask a question or to purchase your Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid 1000mg supplements, call us today at (800) 632-0541 or click here to find a store near you!
As a dietary supplement for adults, take one (1) tablet, one to three times a day with meals or a snack, or as directed by a health care professional
|Serving size: 1 Tablet|
|Servings Per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||1000 mg||1667%|
|% DV are based on a 2000 calorie diet.|
Other Ingredients: Stearic acid, magnesium stearate, cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, silica, dicalcium phosphate