Strontium Hx® Mineral Supplement
Buy 1 Bottle
at retail $33.95
GET 20% OFF
Your Price $27.16
Buy 2 Bottles
at retail $33.95 each
GET 1 FREE
total value $101.85
Your Price $67.90
for 3 Bottles
Strontium is an oligo-trace mineral that sits below calcium on the periodic table, rendering calcium, strontium as well as magnesium in the same chemical family. With up to 99% of the body’s strontium stores in the bones, it is also naturally occurring in soil and food. Although no deficiency level has been established for strontium, it is involved in the healthy formation and duration of strong bones. InVite®’s Strontium Citrate provides 250 mg of elemental strontium per capsule.
Jerry Hickey is a pharmacist and radio personality and fills the esteemed role of Scientific Director and President of Invite Health. He has spent his professional life analyzing nutritional information and medical studies with the aim of creating the highest quality and most natural nutraceuticals for user’s maximum health benefits. Here, Jerry speaks about the benefits of Strontium…
We’re getting fabulous feedback on Strontium for bone health. Strontium is a mineral just like calcium, just like zinc, just like magnesium. When you take it for your bones, you have to take it separately. And who should take it? People who need stronger bones. It has an appetite for building new healthy bone. So, calcium helps to rebuild the old bone; Strontium favors new bone. That’s a good thing. A lot of the drugs you’re taking only favor old bone. They slow down the breakdown of old bone. They don’t favor building new bone. So, when you take your Fosamax, alendronate, all those drugs, they’re maintaining the old bone, and they work. There’s a lower incidence of fractures on those drugs, and it’s important. Fractures are disabling. They mess up your mobility. They can cause infection. So, those drugs are lowering the number of women and elderly men who are developing hip fractures and spinal fractures.
The other thing about Strontium is that it works, according to the research, in every age group. The drugs lose some of its effects in older women. They don’t work as well when you’re 70, 80, and 90, but if you take the Strontium, it still has an impact. So, you’re doing the best you can and preventatively, taking two once a day, will help. And if you really have a bone issue, three to four a day is better. So, sometimes, people are taking three a day; I’ll say, “Take all three at bedtime. Don’t worry about it.” Or, take two twice a day, away from food. That’s the best case scenario. And Strontium also is very good for the hip and very good for the spinal bone. It’s good for bones all over the body; your wrist bone, your ribs, your ankle bone, you name it. But it’s great for the spine, it’s great for the hips, and it’s a mineral like calcium. You don’t take it at the same time as calcium because they’ll bond together and you’re not going to absorb neither. So, there’s no point. You take it a couple of hours apart. You’re fine. You’ll get the benefits of both, and that’s the way to go. So, our pharmaceutical-grade Strontium and strontium citrate is great for bones.
As a dietary supplement for adults, suggested serving size is 1 vegetarian Vcaps®, 3 times per day one hour before or two hours after any calcium source including from food, medicine, or supplements.
|Serving size: 1 Vegetarian Vcaps Capsule|
|Servings Per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
Strontium (from Strontim Citrate)
|* Daily value(DV) not established|
|Percent DV are based on a 2000 calorie diet.|
|Strontium Hx® |
| || |
What is Strontium Hx®?
Strontium is a mineral just like calcium or zinc. Research shows that Strontium likes to go to our bones where it makes them thicker and stronger and less fragile. Research also shows that Strontium, like calcium, lowers the risk of a fracture due to thinning bones.
Where does Strontium Hx® come from?
Strontium is a naturally occurring mineral found in small amounts in water and food and also in our bone. Strontium is found in small amounts in spices, seafood, whole grains, root and leafy vegetables and legumes. The amount in food would not be sufficient for bone building.
| Benefits: |
- May help build bone, making it both thicker and stronger
- Dual activity; slows the rate at which bone is resorbed (the rate at which bone is broken down) while speeding up the rate at which bone is rebuilt (drugs mostly slow the breakdown with few exceptions, without speeding up the rate of rebuilding)
- Studies from the US and Europe show a strong ability to help build bone at a fairly rapid pace possibly reducing the risk of a fracture within the first year
- May strongly complement Calcium's bone building activity although the two minerals have to be taken at a separate time for good absorption Works in all age groups, even in those over eighty-years of age (many drugs work poorly for building bone in those over eighty)
- May decrease the risk of a spinal or hip fracture according to numerous studies (using various forms of Strontium including strontium ranelate, gluconate, carbonate, and lactate). We use Strontium Citrate because Citrate forms of minerals have improved absorption, offer a higher potency in fewer capsules, and Citrate itself is used in the production of energy by all cells in our body, making this a very natural form of the mineral for our body. Also, many of our minerals are in the Citrate form.
- Studies show that Strontium may improve the strength of bone that is weakened when estrogen levels fall after menopause. Strontium may improve the strength of the spongy-inner core of the bone (called trabecular bone) by 8%. The dense outer layer of bone (called cortical bone) may improve in strength by a powerful 11% with Strontium.
- May be helpful for the bone of any woman after menopause, or any man or woman at anytime that may need it
- Can be used along with medication to rebuild bone; however, take at a separate time of day from prescription medication
- Anyone who has thinning of the spine, the hips, the wrist, or any other bone can use Strontium because it may help rebuild them all
- Men with low levels of testosterone may need Strontium for bone health
- Strontium is useful for anyone on drugs that may contribute to thinning bone. These drugs include diuretics, prednisone and other steroid drugs, and Synthroid (levothyroxine) which is commonly prescribed for an under functioning thyroid
- May help improve back pain due to arthritis
- May help improve the health of the meniscus
- Convenient dosing; simply take a few hours away from food and supplements
- In vegetarian Vcaps® for enhanced bioavailability and absorption
- Made using GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
Helped heal stiffness and pain in the right knee from a torn meniscus In 6-9months my finger nails that were peeling and breaking are now growing stronger and longer.
New Hyde Park, NY
I am a 67 year old female. Two years ago my Dexa scan showed an 8.7 decrease in bone mineral density of the femoral neck. I then took strontium for 1 year. My most recent Dexa scan showed a 4.7 increase in bone mineral density of the femoral neck. The doctor is asking what am I doing?