Colostrum is commonly referred to as liquid gold – a mother's first milk that offers tremendous immune support to newborn babies. Colostrum is clear golden substance produced by the mammary glands in the late stages of pregnancy before to lactation (milk let-down).
Colostrum contains antibodies that protect newborns against disease, and it is lower in fat and higher in protein than regular milk. It delivers nutrients in a very concentrated form and is even eaten in a variety of food sources around the world. For example, the traditional Ukrainian dish called Molozyvo is a sweet cheese made of cow colostrum. As a dietary supplement, colostrum protects and supports the gut, the digestive tract, immune system, and maintains the health of organs and tissues. It is supportive for occasional diarrhea and digestive disturbance.
Colostrum contains a series of nourishing components such as immunoglobulins, growth factors, cytokines, acute phase proteins, and antiviral and antibacterial proteins. Each of these components provides specific life-enhancing properties. For instance, IGA immunoglobulins protect the mucous membranes in the throat, lungs and intestines. Growth factors establish beneficial bacteria, or probiotics, in the digestive tract. Leukocytes contribute to healthy immunity.
InVite’s Colostrum Supplement provides 600mg of active Colostrum in a vegetarian Vcaps® capsule. This effective weight management supplement can be taken as a dietary aid for occasional bowel relief, as it encourages healthy passing of stool. Colostrum’s unique ability to heal the digestive tract, support overall immunity, and maintain the health of digestive tissues as well as the liver, has made it a very popular supplement choice.
Colostrum is also known for its use by athletes in an attempt to decrease their recovery time after a workout, improve athletic performance, and even prevent sickness. Colostrum supplementation in combination with exercise training for 8 weeks or more may increase healthy and lean body mass in active individuals.
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) or two (2) vegetarian Vcaps® capsule(s), twice daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Benefits & Features:
- Effective supplement for weight management, healthy digestion, and immunity
- Offers the nutritional benefits of milk with lower fat and higher protein content
- Supports the gut and digestive tract
- Boosts the immune system and maintains health of organs and tissues
- May be taken as an aid for occasional bowel relief
- Very beneficial for athletes; may decrease recovery time and improve athletic performance
- May increase healthy lean body mass in active individuals
- Has immunoglobulins, growth factors, cytokines, acute phase proteins, antiviral and antibacterial proteins, all providing unique health benefits
- Ingredients provided in a vegetarian Vcaps® capsule for superior absorption
- Made using GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
For great discounts, a superb assortment of top-grade nutraceuticals and nutritional supplements, and access to our professional nutritionists, look no further – great health starts right here at InVite Health. To ask a question or to purchase your Colostrum Supplements, call us today at (800) 632-0541 or click here to find a store near you!